Whether or not your daughters are familiar with the tales of The Tortoise and the Hare, The City Mouse and the Country Mouse, or the Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing, they will love learning about the animal characters that personify every imaginable human type; from the sly to the selfless, the cunning to the compassionate.
This exciting and unique class will combine the thought provoking moral teachings and ethical dilemmas of Aesop’s timeless tales with the artistic and creative pursuits of sewing, painting, drawing, and so much more. Each week, we will explore a tale or two and then get to work creating a mixed-media fabric art masterpiece, where each girl’s insights and interpretations of the fables will be preserved with a mix of paint, fabric, paper, and their own whimsical drawings.
In a class that’s full of humor and humility, we will explore concepts such as hard work and perseverance, being honest and truthful, and having empathy and compassion towards others. Our work in this class will be as timeless and relevant as the fables and folklore we are exploring.
Younger and Older Girls Alike Will Love:
- Learning and/or revisiting the fables.
- Creative interpretation and brainstorming ways to solve problems presented in the tales.
- Working alone and in small groups.
- Combining multiple art techniques to create a visual, tactile, and completely unique representation of the stories.
- This six-week series will run on Thursdays from September 14—October 19
- We meet from 2:45-4:30 p.m.
- Classes take place at our 358 Woodland St studio in Holliston.
- Registration is limited to 14 girls and pre-registration is required.
- This class is appropriate and recommended for for girls in 3rd—8th grade.
- Class fee includes all art materials.
- Sibling discount available: click appropriate option in drop-down box.
- Spread the Word: As part of our second-year-in-the-studio celebration, we are offering a special. If we reach our registration goal of a minimum of 12 girls, each family will be entered into a raffle and one lucky family will win $75 off the class fee. Drawing will take place the second week of class.