Over 50 years ago, Anne Morrow Lindbergh wrote a timeless classic, called Gift From the Sea. It is a beautifully composed book about youth and aging, contemplation and creativity, love and marriage, inner stillness and active response, and freedom: the freedom that comes from choosing to remain open to life itself—all its joys, triumphs, sorrows, failures, suffering, comfort, and change. Half a century ago, she foretold about the threats and trappings of modernity, technology, and overwhelm; a sentiment that has, perhaps, never been truer than this present moment. All of these thoughts and truths were written as she gathered inspiration during her brief, healing escape to the sea.
Our next women’s series will flow from Anne’s perennial wisdom and observations. Over the course of our five weeks together, we will combine a book talk with the making of gorgeous (often ocean-themed) art. This is an opportunity to connect, contemplate, and create in a beautiful, safe space.
- This series will run for five weeks, from May 18—June 15 (Thursdays)
- We will meet from 10 a.m.—noon each week.
- The book and all art supplies are included in the pricing.
- *The series will run as long as there is a minimum of 8 attendees.
- Maximum number of attendees: 14.
- *Registration closes on May 10, or when sold out.