I’ve had an immense case of writer’s block lately! It’s not that the words aren’t there — I think of blog ideas all the time. I am inspired when I exercise (remind me to tell you about my mind-blowing, maiden voyage into yoga), when I work (I need to share my new partnership and how I am helping hundreds of children), and when I am being creative (my art classes are taking off in multiple towns and there is also a summer camp in the works). I even wake up from a deep sleep sometimes with thoughts and ideas. But, it’s almost like my mind wants to hold onto all of this goodness a bit longer before it shares it with the world: let the ideas ferment, mature, and mold together, if you will. It happens from time to time, so I am not going to beat myself up over it. If I’ve learned anything over the years, it’s that sometimes you just have to go with the flow and not FORCE something to happen. I guess I will write more when I am ready to write more….and I guess I will be okay with that.
I’ve also been busy lately (which is sometimes not conducive to the quieter activity of writing). It’s been a good busy. A healthy busy. A meaningful busy. I am really starting to live my word for this year, which is IMPACT. Things are starting to really flow and happen organically, and that feels amazing! I truly, truly feel like I am being impactful in what I am doing, and to me, that feels a whole lot better than just doing and going through the motions. I am making a difference, in lots and lots of ways, through lots and lots of mediums, with lots and lots of people. There is definitely something to be said for living your passions, finding creative partnerships, and surrounding yourself with people who build you up and cheer you on, not tear you down and hold you back.
So, what have I been up to, you ask?
- Well, I am working with a developer on a new Web site. Very simply called jennpipe.com, it will be the hub for all my passions and services. I anticipate that it will be ready to launch in a couple of months as a really robust site with lots of visual appeal. I will be combining my anti-aging and wellness work in one section of the site, and another section will be devoted to all of my Self Esteem Through Art work. I’m really excited about that — it felt kind of cool to order my own name in a domain and actually use it for something.
- I’ve been getting ready for a few Adult Ed classes I am teaching. If you are local, come take one (or all) of them — they will be educational and FUN. I’d love to see you!
- I’ve been watching lots of basketball. I love watching my kids play sports. It’s such a privilege to watch their dedication and talent blossom.
- I’ve been watching the Boston Bruins. A lot. Mostly from my couch, but sporadically from the stands. I am a bit Bruins Obsessed — just ask my husband. (so is my oldest daughter, who is posing in front of a mural of my all-time favorite Bruin, Ray Bourque)
- I’ve also been known to get on the Jumbotron from time to time with my kids and my husband’s torso (me = white shirt with camera).
- I’ve been teaching art classes and just finished up an awesome session on goal-setting, dream-boarding, and visioning. The ultimate purpose of this class was to give the kids a toolkit for reaching their goals (proper wording, small steps, etc) and also teach them the very important concept of NOT CENSORING THEIR DREAMS!! I’m seeing 10-12 year olds who are already conditioned to talk themselves out of being bold and daring, and I hope to change that with a little creativity and a lot of love and encouragement.
- I have been doing a LOT of work with the Biophotonic Scanner. I told a friend recently that I am trying to change the world one scan card at a time. I need help with this and people to join the cause because there are SOOOOO many unhealthy people that need assistance and education. What I am finding is that a lot of people consider themselves FIT, and that is great. But FIT does not automatically = HEALTHY! There is a very big difference. There is more info about why I am doing in this short video: www.therprt.com. America needs my help!
- And, I have basically been trying to take pause whenever I can to notice everyday beauty. This is a perfect example:
So, that’s it in a nutshell. You’ll see me again when the words start to flow a bit more.
‘Til then, be good to yourself —