Did you know that art journaling is widely thought of as one of the quintessential approaches to stress reduction and self-regulation? These visual journals become reliable tools used to work through powerful emotions, help heal after trauma or loss, and boost confidence and self-esteem. The combination of writing with art-based reflection has also been proven to improve overall physical health.
An art journal gives children the opportunity to thoughtfully and deliberately express experiences that are too difficult to put into words. Those experiences at this age could range from friend/clique/social challenges to working through abuse or divorce at home. Art journals are judgment-free spaces where children get to show up “as-is.” These journals become places where children get to develop their unique modes of self-expression, problem solving, intuition, and creative abilities. Art journals remind children that we are ALL artists and help to keep their innate creative spirit flourishing—a gift that will benefit them immensely as they grow!
If you share my belief that EVERY child should have a safe place to express themselves, effective tools for promoting resilience, fostering personal growth and self-awareness, and a fun, empowering activity that can be utilized in all phases and stages of life, then this after school circle will be perfect for your school-aged daughter (grades 3-8).
Younger and Older Girls Alike Will Love:
- Exploring weekly topics and group discussions that will help boost their confidence, foster their creative spirits, and create a sense of community and inclusivity.
- Creative interpretation and brainstorming ways to solve problems and challenges.
- Working alone and in small groups. Getting regular practice using their voices and speaking from their hearts.
- Combining multiple art techniques to create a visual, tactile, and completely unique representation of their lives and their personalities at this particular phase of their development.
- This six-week series will run on Mondays from October 30—December 4
- We meet from 2:45-4:30 p.m.
- Classes take place at our 358 Woodland St studio in Holliston.
- Take note of our new offering of a PDF add-on. If your goal is to give your daughter a firm foundation in art-based healing and expression, you have the option to purchase our exclusive downloadable PDF introducing you to 10 specific art journaling prompts the promote self-esteem, increase introspection, and cultivate creativity. There is an added fee of $20 for this PDF—the PDF is the equivalent of 10 extra classes with me—and you will receive it after the start of the first class in order to help you support this practice at home.
- UNLESS I FIND AN INTERN/ASSISTANT, REGISTRATION WILL BE CAPPED AT 12 GIRLS FOR THIS SESSION. THE MAJORITY OF MY CLASSES ARE REPEAT ATTENDEES AND SPACES WILL GO QUICKLY.
- This class is age-appropriate and recommended for for girls in 3rd—8th grade.
- Class fee includes all art materials and after-school snacks.
- Sibling discount available: click appropriate option in drop-down box.
- Should we experience any weather-related cancellations, we will hold a make-up on Monday, December 11.
- There are no refunds for this class, so please be sure you/your child can commit to all six weeks.