*The May Shelter From the Storm is going to honor mothers and their children with our creative escape on May 7.
The Self Esteem Through Art studio is a protective bubble from the woes of the outside world. Time and again, women come here to recharge, rediscover, rethink, recreate, and feel the freedom that art provides. They confide in me that this is their safe space, their happy place, the place where they feel relaxed and at peace.
We are now offering a monthly(ish) Sunday Studio Escape for women. Come alone or come with friends. Work on your own projects or use our supplies to create an assortment of new projects. We will set the backdrop for a rejuvenating escape: aromatherapy, infused water and perhaps tea, soft background music, and ART! We will provide a monthly “prompt” or theme for your artistic escape, but you can also feel free to come in and do your own thing: maybe you have always wanted to play with watercolors, maybe you would like to experiment with Zentangle, maybe you want to bring your knitting projects, maybe you want to play in your art journal and put your feelings down on paper, maybe you want to create a canvas for a friend, or maybe you want to challenge yourself to simply play in a safe, judgment-free space.
- This month’s “Shelter” will take place on May 7 from 3—5 p.m. In honor of Mother’s Day, we are inviting adults to come and spend some special time with their child(ren) this day. We will have some projects on hand that are appropriate for both big and little hands.
- ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED AS STUDIO SPACE IS LIMITED!
- We are located at 358 Woodland St in Holliston, MA.
- These classes will be affordably and inexpensively priced as there will not be much in the way of “formal” instruction (*this is going to be my escape, too). Your class fee will go towards studio expenditures, covering the cost of materials, and we will donate 50% of each month’s surplus to local and national programs supporting arts education. We are going to donate to the National Association of Women Artists, Inc. (NAWA) again this month because our April donation was so small. Their mission is to foster and promote awareness of, and interest in, visual art created by women in the United States.
- We encourage you to bring a snack to share (and a friend or two) because we believe that will contribute to the “community” vibe we are creating.
- This will be a politics-free zone for obvious reasons.