TRUE BELONGING is defined by Brené Brown as the spiritual practice of believing in and belonging to yourself so deeply that you can share your most authentic self with the world and find sacredness while both being a part of something and standing alone in the wilderness. True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are; it requires you to be who you are.
We are going to explore the very important concepts of being able to find belonging without changing yourself AND the power of standing bravely alone in our respective wildernesses in our next in-studio women’s circle. We will utilize a combination of group discussion, deep written reflection, and powerful art journaling practices to delve deeper into this important topic. Brené Brown’s newest book, Braving the Wilderness, will be required reading for this course and we will dissect each chapter and bond over our findings and interpretations. Our companion through this process will be our art journals; a place where we record our thoughts, get clarity and insight, and boldly put one foot in front of the other on our collective and respective journeys.
*Did you know that research has shown that 90% of people who participate in an art/journaling practice reap positive benefits? Join us for this next 6-week session, which begins October 26.
*WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR: Women who are ready to be here, women who are ready to do the work, women who are ready to step outside of their comfort zones and be supported while they do so. Women who enjoy creative practices and/or women who are open to implementing one. Women who love the support of other women and women who want to BE a support for other women.
*WHO IS THIS COURSE *NOT* FOR: Women who are placing limitations on themselves and trying to talk themselves out of being here for various reasons (I don’t have the time, I don’t have the money, I am not an artist, I have never taken a class like this before, etc). Women who have no desire to move beyond the limitations of blame, shame, and judgment.
- This series will run for six weeks, from October 26—December 7 (Thursdays)
- There will be no class on Thanksgiving.
- We will meet each Thursday morning from 10 a.m.—noon.
- Class takes place at the Self Esteem Through Art studio. 358 Woodland St, Holliston, MA.
- All art supplies are included in the pricing. You can choose to purchase your own book when you register (which will decrease the price of class).
- *The series will run as long as there is a minimum of 8 attendees.
- Maximum number of attendees: 14.
- *Registration closes on October 19, or when sold out.
- You will receive an email from me a few days in advance of the class with additional information.
- There are no refunds for this class. Please be sure you understand my refund policy by reviewing my FAQ page.